In an increasingly worried world regarding the global warming the choices are fast turning to environment friendly ones. If you too, have developed a fascination for environment-friendly products the wait is over, perhaps. Instead of petroleum based bikes why won't you try electrically fueled bikes like Electric Scooters? That could save more money and offer considerably on your part to save the environment. Surely your stint with electrical scooter would be funnier, quicker and easy too.
More importantly, it's not only the recreation that these scooters are meant for. It can assist you in transportation too. You would find it advantageous to park electrical scooters in public transit where the gas-powered scooters are prohibited. Familiar delay of 'ramping-up' of gas-engines too would be missing in Electrical Scooters while climbing uphill. Finally, you will surely enjoying a noise-free and less polluting drive.
Here, while discussing transportation we may look at the electrical scooter’s function of working . It's made up by addition of a motor and battery to kick scooter. For controlling the speed you would find a switch on the handlebar where bicycle brakes are mounted. Batteries are fitted under your feet. In few Electric Scooter designs you will enjoy a 'freewheel' ride like that of bicycle when throttle switch in the handlebar is released. Though, the Electric Scooter models with simpler designs don't have this facility.
The speed level too, varies among the wide spectrum of models. In some less expensive Electric Scooter models it's 10 mph while it's 30 mph in for Badsey EMX Racer. The riders of electric scooter will enjoy easy acceleration and suave movements while passing headwinds. Rechargeable batteries alongside Sealed Lead-Acid (SLA) are the source for power for e-scooters. The charging of the battery too takes only 8 hours with most stock chargers. The cost limits itself to less than 5¢ of electricity from common 110 VAC wall outlets.
Lastly, let's focus to Electric Scooters performance. This depends on seven items mainly. Battery size would undoubtedly occupy the first place, following could be the speed of Electric Scooter, the number and the incline of hills that it has to pass, wind condition, the inflation of tire, weight of rider and efficiency of the system.
If some one put rider's weight and system efficiency that are purely incidental, out of the discussion others will take a distinct shape of inter-relationship regarding Electric Scooters performance. Firstly, there is a close relationship between the capacity and the size of the battery. It's regarded that bigger the battery the greater the capacity. While hill-climbing you can expect 3 feet elevation gain for volt-amp-hour. For example, while riding a Currie Flyer with a 24-volt, 10 amp-hour battery you can expect about a height of 720 feet (3 feet X (24 X 10)). The battery life of Electric Scooters can be doubled easily by discharging the battery power by 50% instead of 70%. The battery life could be gained 6 times at 30% capacity usage per cycle. Hence to have a more environment-friendly ride and to save more money in the form of less spending of petroleum, you may always try electrical scooter.
Why are Electric Vehicles better than Liquid-fuelled ones?
It is widely believed that personal electric vehicles provide you with an efficient of travelling over short distances. At the same time, you ensure that you do not spend a large amount of money on the same. With this new technology, the vehicles are not only efficient, but also affordable. Indeed, the cost of operating personal electric vehicles is about 1/20th the cost of operating a fuel driven one of the same capacity.
Things that make Electric Vehicles better:
- Electric vehicles are more enjoyable to use than the other ones. They hardly require any efforts on your part and thus, will surely get you a lot of attention as well as praise.
- The noise generated by these vehicles is usually so low, that the loudest noise emanating from them is the caused due to the friction between the tyres and the road.
- They contain fewer moving parts than their liquid-fuelled counterparts and thus, prove to be more reliable.
- The cost of electricity consumed by these vehicles is about half of that for the liquid- fuelled ones.
Choosing a Scooter? Go Electric
If you are looking for the best scoters around, then you should have a look at the Kidsonroll.com’s collection as; they have been manufactured by some of the leading scooter manufacturers in North America. Electric scooters offer another advantage of extremely low costs when compared to the fuel-driven ones.
Here are a few other advantages of electric scooters over the other ones:
- They can be driven effortlessly and hence, driving them is an enjoyable experience.
- They operate very quietly. Indeed, in most of them, the loudest noise emanating from them is due to the friction between the road and the tyres.
- Their fuel cost is about half of that of the fuel-driven scooters.
- All electrically driven vehicles have a battery or their assembly, motor and other components that link them all together. It is their quality that decides the overall quality, reliability and durability of the vehicle concerned. Thus, it is important these components are properly matched.
- The motors of such vehicles can be of two types viz. the direct drive ones and those that implement the drive transfer technology by using a belt or a chain. Some can even make use of a roller that uses friction to transfer motion.
The commuter and campus vehicles we provide have the sealed hub motor technology that are of the direct drive type. Thus, are virtually free of maintenance and prove to be very efficient.
- The brakes are an important safety measure and hence, we have provided our vehicles with heavy duty ones. Some of them utilise the disk brake technology whereas others are drum based. To ensure safety, we have seen to it that our brakes work in all weather conditions.